Thursday 4 April 2013

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy,#2) by J. Kenner

**ARC courtesy of Random House Publishing Group via NetGalley**

For Damien, our obsession is a game. For me, it is fiercely, blindingly, real.

Damien Stark’s need is palpable—his need for pleasure, his need for control, his need for me. Beautiful and brilliant yet tortured at his core, he is in every way my match.

I have agreed to be his alone, and now I want him to be fully mine. I want us to possess each other beyond the sweetest edge of our ecstasy, into the deepest desires of our souls. To let the fire that burns between us consume us both.

But there are dark places within Damien that not even our wildest passion can touch. I yearn to know his secrets, yearn for him to surrender to me as I have surrendered to him. But our troubled pasts will either bind us close . . . or shatter us completely.


I recieved an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. First of all, thank you to Random House publishing group for selecting me and my blog to read this book. I very much enjoyed the first book from the Stark Trilogy, 'Release Me' and was thrilled to get this oppertunity.

Claim Me was a highly erotic, sensual and passionate story once again focusing on Damien and Nikki. I must say, I enjoyed the mystery surrounding this book. Not only was the romance side of things written brilliantly. But, there was a real back bone to the story. It kept me on edge throughout the whole of the book.

Damien is such a fascinating character. He is a superb alpha male who revels in the control he has over Nikki. Yet, I never felt like he overstepped the mark. Sometimes in erotica books, the leading male can be so unreasonable with their extreme demands that you question would any woman actually submit to them. Damien, however has the balance just right. The author got the balance of his character perfect.

Nikki is a great leading lady. She never makes silly rash decisions and if she has something on her mind she comes out with it. She dosen't push Damien to confess his darkest secrets, only reassures him that when he does she will still be his. Given her past troubles with her mother and her issues with self harming still very much in the present. I can see why it is so simple for her to hand all control over to Damien. Not only does she feel its necessary but she gains a great deal of pleasure from it. The sex scenes are seriously SMOKING hot! This book does not disappoint at all.

There is so much happening around this couple throughout the story. The painting, the new job, Damien's many enemies and Nikki's mother to name but a few. I really loved though, that for the majority, all of these obstacles only made Damien and Nikki stronger. They seem to have an invivisible pull towards each other and it was heart warming to see how he constantly protected each other and how he always reminded her that she was alot stronger than she knew. Ahhhhh Damien! This guy is swoon worthy.

The Stark trilogy is turning out to be fantastic! I can't wait for the third and final part to Nikki and Damien's story. And, judging on the way Claim Me ended.. They won't be in for an easy ride.

If you enjoyed Fifty Shades, Crossfire and This man I would happily recommend this book to you.

I rate this book 4*

Jade :) xx







No comments:

Post a Comment