Monday 1 April 2013

Wreck Me (Wrecked,#1) by J.L Mac

Life can be cruel. People can be ruthless and evil. The world can be cold and uninviting. No one knows these things better than Josephine Geroux. By her own definition, she is a twenty-five year old “nobody with nothing,” and she is content to stay that way. Growing up an orphan has made her tough and indifferent to the people around her until she meets a strangely familiar man with a face that haunts her for reasons she can’t understand.

Despite the pain that will inevitably ensue, she makes it her mission to discover what parts of her tragic puzzle she is missing. On her journey to discovering why the she feels an alarming connection to an absolute stranger, her greatest fear is reawakening the demons and darkness from the past that will surely overtake her if she lets her guard down.

Normally, I tend to avoid book's that are shorter in length than 200 pages. I always feel like they are really rushed and I hate that. However, after my friend (AKA my book twin) recommended this book to me and promised a hot steamy love affair... I had to read it. I'm so glad that I did. I really enjoyed it.

Jo had an horrendous childhood. She lost both parent's in a car crash very young. And, unfortunately spend the majority of the latter part of her childhood, homeless. If there was one thing she always found solace and calm in, it was reading. She spent most days in the public library and reading became not only her passion, but, her lifeline. It was ultimately her love of book's that leads her to her beloved job at the book store and to a much better and secure place in her life. This is where Jo is at, when the story begins.

Let me start by saying I love Jo. This girl has got some serious balls. After her very crap life, this woman is a total realist with a hard exterior who grabbed her life by the horns and made it something to be proud of. In short, she is a true survivor.

Step forward the very gorgeous and very successful Damon. They are instantly drawn and attracted to the other and both have a feeling of familiarity between each other. Although neither know's why they feel like the already they've already met. They waste no time in getting acquainted and start a very intense love affair almost immediately.

The sex scenes were seriously hot! Nothing about them disappointed. Damon was the perfect alpha male lover and Jo loved how he took total control during there love making. The scenes were very detailed and very well written.

It was endearing to see these two damaged souls come together and attempt to build a solid future with each other. The way Damon looked after her was heart warming. He wanted to give her the world and she thought he was too good to be true. Can I also say that the puppy scene when she was sick in bed actually melted my heart :)

I almost dreaded the twist, I knew was coming, happening. Everything was so perfect that I hated it was all about to change for them. Which brings me to the ending!!! That cliffhanger was sooo unfair, i'm already waiting in anticipation for book 2. Hurry up please J.L Mac.

This is an absolute little belter, give it a try!

4*

Jade :) xx








No comments:

Post a Comment