Monday 1 April 2013

Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark,#2) by A. Meredith Walters

How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over?

Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces. Moving on and moving forward, just as Clay wanted her to.

Clay never stopped thinking of Maggie. Even after ripping their lives apart and leaving her behind to get the help he so desperately needed. He is healing...slowly. But his heart still belongs to the girl who tried to save him.

When a sudden tragedy brings Maggie and Clay face to face again, nothing is the same. Yet some things never change. Can the darkness that threatened to consume them be transformed into something else and finally give them what they always wanted? And can two people who fought so hard to be together, finally find their happiness? Or will their demons and fear drive them apart for good?

The thing about love, is even when it destroys you, it has a way of mending what is broken. And in the shadows, you can still see the light.

It feel's like I waited forever for this story. I can't express how much I loved the first book of this series, Find You in the Dark. Maggie and Clay completely rocked my world. I have about a gazillion upcoming sequel's to be read and this is probably the one I anticipated the most.

The story starts with these two character's still apart and no longer together. Clay is trying hard to focus on his treatment at the Grayson Centre. And, Maggie is trying her hardest to get her life back together and carry on without Clay.

I loved the way that this book was written first person and in both Maggie and Clay's POV's. To feel, through Clay's own thoughts how he felt at his lowest point and to see how much of a daily battle he went through with his mental illness was truly heart wrenching. A huge well done to the Author, she handled this very sensitive issue so well and clearly did alot of research. It was so well written.

If I had one issue with this book, it would be that I felt the first half of the book was way too dragged on. I understand and get that she wanted to provide a thorough account of where both character's stood separately before she brought them back together. However, by the time they were reunited at 37% I was more than ready for it to happen.

The love that Maggie and Clay share is deep, intense and very true. There was no question in my mind that they shouldn't be together. I just wasn't sure how they would ever get there. Outside of the Grayson Centre, Clay's daily inner battle's seemed to get harder. I felt like I was waitng (in fear) for something devastating to happen. More than once, I had to take a chapter break. This book made me a nervous wreck.

What can i say? It was emotional, heart breaking, gut wrenching and one of the most inspiring, beautiful book's that I have ever read. It brought tears to my eyes many times throughout. But, the ending? Complete and total sob fest. Have the tissue's ready!

An amazing series by an amazing author.

I rate this 4.5*

My favourite quote from a book. EVER....

"In the dark, she became my light," I whispered, my voice breaking and my own tears started to make their way down my skin.
"Our road hasn't been an easy one. But good things rarely are. You taught me that the person I am is worth loving, worth fighting for. You gave me strength when I had none. You held me up when I wanted to fall. And now, I want to give you everything. I want to give you the world. Because, Maggie, you've given me mine. And it's you. It will always, forever, be you."

Jade :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment