Wednesday 3 April 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful,#2) by Jamie McGuire

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

Golly gosh! I have just fallen in love with Travis Maddox all over again! Did I really expect anything else? Hell no I did not. The other potential's come and go. But, after reading this, it's pretty clear that Trav will always be my number 1 book boyfriend. I love, love, love him. I have dreamed for months about what it would be like to finally get in this man's head. And, this book exceeded all my expectations. It was SCHAMAZING!

That prologue though? I was sobbing from the prologue alone. It was so deeply moving and obviously set the tone for Trav's life and the way he lived it.

It was quite amazing seeing the story though Trav's eyes and just what he felt when he first saw Abby aka Pidge. I loved the scene in the cafeteria when he was mouthing to Shep and America 'who's that?' When he saw Abby for the second time. It made me giddy.

Obviously, there is no question that he screwed up on more than one occasion. But, lets be honest Abby did a hell of a lot too. I loved how he described the bubble that she lived in with the walls tight around her. Sometimes I felt exasperated with Abby at how blind she was too his very obvious feelings towards her. Call me blinded, but everytime they had a tiff I was always Team Trav.

At so many points throughout I found myself holding my breath. Jamie wrote it so well, that, even though I knew they would have the happy ending I was completely on edge. I started this book and pretty much didn't put it down till it was finished.

The epilogue was amazing. I loved the glimpse we got into their future. To know that they did indeed get their happy ever after. I'm so sad that this was the last book for Abbey and Trav. I could happily follow the rest of their lives and lap it all up.

I expected it to be nothing short of brilliant and that's exactly what this book was.

My favourite quotes:

“One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never”


“I decided a long time ago I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along. A pigeon. The kind of soul that didn't impede on anyone; just walked around worrying about its own business, trying to get through life without pulling everyone else down. With its own needs and selfish habits. Brave. A communicator. Intelligent. Beautiful. Soft-spoken. A creature that mates for life. Unattainable until she has a reason to trust you.”

“I took a deep breath, and shut the bedroom door behind me. Even though we'd put each other through hell, we'd found heaven. Maybe that was more than a couple of sinners deserved, but I wasn't going to complain.”

“First of all . . . I have standards. I’ve never been with an ugly woman.
Ever. Second of all, I wanted to sleep with you. I thought about throwing you over my couch fifty different ways, but I haven’t because I don’t see you that way anymore. It’s not that I’m not attracted to you, I just think you’re better than that.”


“When the sad went away, i would always play, and i would always fight. Hard.”

I know the ratings are out of 5. And, thats as far as I can go, I would give this book 6* though.

Jade :) xx





No comments:

Post a Comment