Friday 5 April 2013

The Edge of Never (The Edge of never,#1) by J.A. Redmerski

Sometimes life takes you off course . . .

THE EDGE OF NEVER

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

I recieved a copy of this book from HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction/Blue Door. In return, for an honest review.

First of all, I would like to thank Harper Collins, for allowing me to oppertunity to read an review this book.

Ok, where to start? Maybe I should begin by saying that this book is fantastic. It absolutely exceeded my expectations. Once I started, I didn't stop until I had finished it.

I admit, that for about the first 15% of the book, I found it very hard to warm to Camryn's character. I found her to be way too serious, cold and really negative about everything. Once it became apparant of everything she had been through in the past few years, I felt nothing but admiration for her. She had hit a pretty low point in her life, so one day she just take's off. Not a word to anyone and no clear idea of where she's heading. This is all about a journey of self discovery for this young woman. Trying to reach something greater than what life had already thrown at her.

Very early on into her trip, whilst on a bus she meet's the very intriguing and very HOT Andrew Parrish. While I had early reservation's about Cam I instantly liked Andrew. He was charming, confident and everything you want from a male lead. It became apparant though, that even though he had such inviting qualities, he was just as lost in life as Camryn. Each to the other was like a moth to the flame. Both, drawn in and curious to find out more.

Separately these character's interested me, but together they were magic. As the road trip went on, I loved seeing Camryn change from uptight to carefree. She showed Andrew that it's ok to feel things even if they aren't necessarily good feelings. He encouraged her to always speak what was on her mind, to do things that she never normally would and just to embrace life. It's like he was the ying to her yang, they fitted each other perfectly.


The attraction was pretty intense for both of them. When they eventually got together, it was electric. I alway's think it can make or break a book like this if the sex is built up and then disappoints when it happens. That was not the case with this book, the sex scenes were written extemely well.

Andrew's secret was kept really well. Even when the story was told first person from his POV, he never dwelled on it too long. This meant, that when his secret was exposed it came as a shock. Get the tissues ready... It was intense.

Overall, this was a brilliant book, I cannot wait to start the second book in the series, aptly named, The Edge of Always.

A few of my favourite quotes:

“I don’t think you ever really fall out of love with someone. I think when you fall in love, like true love, it’s love for life. All the rest is just experience and delusions.”



“A woman who knows what she wants sexually, and isn’t afraid to express it is so fucking hot, Camryn- Tell. Me. What. You. Want. Or, I won’t give it to you.”


“I could die in this bed with him right now, wrapped in his arms and I would never know that I had died.”


“I want you, goddammit! … The thought of you leaving at never seeing you again tears-me-up-inside! … I can’t fucking breathe without you!”

If you haven't already, I urge you to read this book.


I happily rate this story 5*

Jade :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment